August Cocktails Part 1! Summer Punch!
Luciano, the Italian fire breather and lead instructor at MWI Philly, concocts his latest Summer Punch on a mighty index card. The drink is so good, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tempted to eat the index card.
Summer Punch Ingredients:
Ketel One Vodka
Crème De Cassis
Fresh Lemon Juice
Simple Syrup (Sugar and Water)
Prosecco (Italian Sparkling Wine)
Garnishes: Oranges, Lemons, and Cherries.
While the index card calls for an orange wheel, lemon twist, and two cherries, the garnishes can vary dramatically and will still taste delicious. For instance a few years ago, examiner.com has posted a similar drink to this one on their website and it has berries and limes too!
I mean it is a summer drink. Don’t be afraid to play around a bit!
Luciano thinks a wine glass looks best, and yeah, he’s probably right too! I just don’t know about doing it all the time. I can see that being boring, a beer mug might be fun a way too!
How to make:
- Make sure you have the ingredients, glassware, and the garnishes ready.
- Place ice into the final glass.
- Get out your shaker and fill the mixing glass with ice.
- Before pouring the alcohol, remember that about a third of the drink will be Prosseco so try to compensate for it.
- Pour the following into the mixing glass at this ratio:
1 part Ketel One Orange Vodka
1 part Crème de Cassis
1 part Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
½ part Simple Syrup
6. Pour the mixture in the wine glass.
7. Add the garnishes and top with Prosecco
And bam! It’s done. If everything goes correctly the end result will look like this: